Serve to LEAD is an amazing, humanitarian non-profit that provides service outreach to people in need, while simultaneously creating opportunities for people to give to communities in need around the world. Their core values – Love, Equity, Altruism, and Dignity are represented in their name – LEAD – the collective of which is harmoniously in line with the tenets of Taekwondo!
The Executive Director of Serve to LEAD is Ms. Jessica Tripp, one of Asheville Sun Soo Martial Arts’ first degree Black Belts. Ms. Tripp exemplifies excellence, compassion, and empathy in her practice, as well as in her professional life. We are proud of the work she is doing to create a more just and caring world.
To that end, Asheville Sun Soo would like to promote and endorse a service opportunity for our families. Serve to LEAD, lead by Ms. Tripp, will be traveling to Lumberton NC, an area of our state that was dramatically impacted by the recent hurricanes, in order to assist families in their recovery efforts. Participants will:
- Perform exterior and interior home clean-up and debris removal
- Assist with home repair and construction
Members of the Service team will depart from Asheville mid-afternoon on Wednesday October 9th. They will participate in service projects all day October 10, 11, and 12, and return to Asheville on Sunday October 13 after lunch.
- Lodging is provided. Transportation is available for a fee of $25/person. Team members are responsible for their own meals.
- In order to be a service team member, participants must do the following:
- Must be 15 years of age or older
- Turn in completed and notarized paperwork by October 1
- Pay the $25 transportation fee if traveling with Serve to LEAD
- Attend the team meeting on Sunday October 6 at 1pm, at the Serve to LEAD office – 225 Sardis Road in Asheville.
For more information, and to register (appropriate paperwork will be provided upon registration), please contact Jessica Tripp at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 828-505-5842.