Fall of 2016 began the inaugural year for our After School Program, and we are happy to report that it was a huge success. Since then, we have worked with many schools throughout the greater Asheville area – picking students up and supplying homework help in a positive and respectful and fun environment. As a result of our efforts, we tied for the #1 After School Program in the Mountain Xpress Best of WNC voting – after just our first year, and have consistently been named as the #1 Best of WNC After School Program ever since!
We have been increasing our capacity each year, and are typically full with a waiting list by the start of the school year. If you would like to secure a spot for your child this upcoming school year, contact the school by phone: 828-505-4309, or come by and speak to us in person.
As a participant in the Asheville Sun Soo After School Program, your child will have an after school experience second to none. Some highlights of our program include:
- Transportation at time of school release from your child’s school to the welcoming Asheville Sun Soo facility
- Co-Directed by Grandmaster Tony Morris, Master Michael Dickinson, and Master Thabiti Sabahive, each of whom is highly educated with decades of combined, relevant education and experience mentoring children and operating children’s programs, including After School Programs.
- Exceptional staff to student ratios of no fewer than 1 staff member for every 10 students
- No electronics, except for as needed to complete homework
- Healthy snacks upon arrival (no processed sugar!)
- Productive physical exercise, team building, and strategy games
- Homework assistance by program directors and high-school-aged, “A”-student Assistant Instructors
- Homework completion and accuracy: every student will be assisted in completing and checking the accuracy of their homework
- Arts and crafts, brain games, team building and social skill games (once homework is complete and verified for accuracy)
- All currently practicing students will have access to our excellent Asheville Sun Soo Martial Arts classes every afternoon (we have been voted the #1 Martial Arts Program in the Mountain Xpress WNC Best of WNC for 12 years straight!)
Note: Our Martial Arts program and our After School program are separate. After School students may additionally enroll in our Martial Arts classes, and derive the added benefit and convenience of easy access to classes each and every day!
- Snow days and teacher workday package available for a nominal additional cost
- Spring Break Camp available at discount
- Parental pick-up until 6pm (extended hours available)
- Variety of rates available: 5 days per week, 3 days per week, or daily drop-in
- Discount if paying for the full year in advance