A: Warm Up and Stretching. Warming up before class is strongly encouraged because it minimizes the risk of injury during class. To warm up before class perform activities GENTLY …such as doing forms, jumping jacks, slow jog around the room, front kicks, roundhouse kicks, stretch kicks and various punches and blocks. Get your blood flowing and warm up those muscles!
We strongly encourage you to stretch after class when the muscles are sufficiently warm. Warm muscles stretch better and you will increase your flexibility and range of motion. Hold each stretch for a minimum of 30 seconds. Obtain additional help from black belt students who are present to assist.
https://www.martialartsasheville.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Logo-Dark-Background-300x198.png00sunsoohttps://www.martialartsasheville.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Logo-Dark-Background-300x198.pngsunsoo2010-07-01 21:32:542010-07-01 21:32:54Q: How Do I Prepare for a TaeKwon-Do Class
A: Patches on the uniform: The Sun Soo Tae Kwon Do patch goes on the student’s left (viewer’s right) and the JTF (Jun Tong Taekwon-Do Federation) patch goes on the student’s right (viewer’s left). Patches are to be sewn on the uniform prior to the first testing for each student.
https://www.martialartsasheville.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Logo-Dark-Background-300x198.png00sunsoohttps://www.martialartsasheville.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Logo-Dark-Background-300x198.pngsunsoo2010-06-25 20:30:112010-06-25 20:30:11Q: Which side of the uniform does the JTF patch go on?
1. Bow to the Instructor(s) when entering and leaving the school.
2. Bow to the Instructor when entering and leaving the Do Jang.
3. Bow to the flags when entering and leaving the Do Jang mat.
4. Face away from the Instructor, higher belts, or flags when tying belt or fixing your uniform (Do Bak)
5. Show respect to higher ranks, especially the Instructor.
6. Wear a clean Do Bak at all times and have it folded neatly when leaving the school.
7. Telephone the office if you will be unable to attend class for an extended period of time.
8. No food, beverage or chewing gum will be allowed on the Do Jang mat.
9. No profanity, no loud talking, and no horseplaying on school property.
10. Maintain discipline and know the tenets of our martial art.
11. Report all injuries to the Instructor.
12. Do not try any techniques until the Instructor has shown you the proper way to execute them.
13. No jewelry (including rings, earrings, necklaces, etc) worn during class.
14. Shoulder length hair and longer must be tied back during class.
https://www.martialartsasheville.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Logo-Dark-Background-300x198.png00sunsoohttps://www.martialartsasheville.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Logo-Dark-Background-300x198.pngsunsoo2010-06-10 19:59:452010-06-10 19:59:45Q: What are the rules in the dojang?